Friday, October 26, 2007

Les Macarons Monday


There are times when I have to pinch myself. How lucky can I get? Times when you just don't take things for granted!
I'm talking about last Monday, when I attended a class at LeNotre.
We learned so many tricks and techniques, I couldn't write fast enough! I had a fun group, a French woman who lived in Miami translated all the fine points that I would have lost. The chef was great and even passed on more recipes for us to take home. I couldn't wait to try my hand at home.
The last time I attended a class at LeNotre, I didn't come home and make the pastry and now, I've lost all the secrets and wouldn't want to attempt it till I go to another class. The class was Puff Pastry Inversee'. A tough technique.
After this class, I gathered the ingredients and made the Macarons and I was darned proud of the results.
Take a look at the single Macaron, that is mine!
Enjoy the photos!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look yummy. What an experience! Still hoping to get your instructions for casadias??

Anonymous said...

Have only started reading your blog recently but am really enjoying it! There are so many food blogs out there at the moment with more and more popping up each day! So just wanted to let you know that i have bookmarked you now and will be following your adventures in the kitchen! Keep up the great work!

Serge the Concierge said...

Very appetizing.

Just mentioned your story in a piece featuring a number of English language bloggers based in France.

Here is the link
http://www.sergetheconcierge.com/2007/10/comfort-food-a-.html

I noticed that one of the companies present at the New York 'Chocolate Show' is a Macaroon one named "MadMac', run by 2 French expats based here in New Jersey.

Take care

Serge
'The French Guy from New Jersey'

Betty Carlson said...

Sounds like you've been up to some fun activities! Hope all is well...