Monday, March 02, 2009

By the goodness of Grace


As I hang on to the coat tails of Technology, trying to keep up with my son, every once in a while I find a gadget that is easy to use and wonder why it took so long for me to find this thing.
It is called the Grace WI-FI Internet Radio. and it is awesome!

Of course I can't really take the credit for finding this gem of a tool......it was my 'bearded baby' who said that he just found an 'app' for his I-Phone, he said he was streaming some old radio stations that we used to listen to in France.
That got me to thinking that I can stream from my computer! Next was a little internet search of a gadget that might let me carry my music from room to room. You'll find several radio's like Squeezebox, but I needed to economize and found Grace! As you can see, CNET gave it a great little review. The 'bearded baby' gave it his blessing and off to Best Buy I did go.

Easy to set-up, easy to use....and now I'm streaming my favorite jazz stations like FIP-FM and TSF. Oh-La-La!

FIP's programming is an eclectic mix of musical genres: chanson, rock, world music, classical music, film music, jazz and more, but connected with a theme. FIP is one of the few stations with this type of programming in the world.
TSF Jazz has a wonderful selection of all jazz, classics from the 30's & 40's. Both stations have disk jockeys who speak slow enough for my poor French! That way I'll always know the weather and the next National Strike date! Oh.....those were the days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

Dear sweetie! I miss you! How are you and all that? Are you 'settling' into Kentucky? Gosh, I can't believe how much time has gone by since we moved. Delaware is fine. Home of Joe Biden, don't ya know... Contact me if you have my e-mail addy? If not, reply here and I'll try to get it to you.

Much love,
Joen!!

Banlieue Blog said...

Joen......I don't have you address, here is mine.
mahnparis@yahoo.com
Write and fill me in on you! It will be great to hear from you, news of your baby girl too!