Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lasagna for 'the house'


What house? The White House? The Frat House?.......oh yeah, our house! Here in the Blue Grass!
Spring Break comes early for the schools in the north, and we had a wonderful week with our bearded-baby. He insisted on cooking for us one night, his specialty!! Scaled down for a family of 3, not a Frat House of 80 dudes!



I must say, our trip to the new favorite store Meijer in Hamburg netted some good items. I did influence my son (insisted) that he try some Italian Sausage to his mix. He relented! Other than that he did follow the 'house' recipe.

I also had some 1-step lasagna sheets on hand that I thought we should use up. I must say, the conoction had some great tastes! He raided my spice cabinet for many of my powders and salts and added some fresh garlic to his sauce.

We were delighted with his results, and are enjoying another serving (plus some for the freezer) tonight. The
'bearded-baby' is back 'up North' and Max is a little depressed right now. As all parents will join me in this thought.......we can't wait till the next visit home!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,

My Name is Sharon. This blog is good online source for food lovers. Your blog gives great information on food recepies. As i am also into food research. Its a good blog with lots of information. Keep the good work on.

I will definatly bookmark your blog for my research work. You may also kindly visit my web site blog related to food and drinks industry that is
http://foodmarketnews.blogspot.com
and i would appreciate if you could kindly have a look at my blog too. It's updated on a daily basis

Thanks & Regards,
Sharon

http://foodmarketnews.blogspot.com