Friday, February 24, 2006

Semolina Bread

I've gotten out of my bread making mode, and it is high time to start up again. I've been busy making brownies and filling my freezer with batches of 'gourmet-style' brownies from a vintage Gourmet Mag, circa 1997! The brownies were gobbled up this past week by the High School Seniors! They are an appreciative bunch of kids, with excellent manners!

Now it is time to get back into the bread dough! I made a Semolina Bread, nice and dense. This bread makes good toast as well as Bruschetta base.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, your bread looks/sounds superb as always! How much semolina do you add in this bread? I make semolina crusted pain de mie quite often. I'm looking forward to having your brownies some time, they must be wonderful!

Banlieue Blog said...

Thanks Keiko!
When you make your Pain de Mie, do you butter and dust with the Semolina?
My recipe calls for 2 cups, this is a US recipe, 3 1/2 cup of bread flour.