Friday, April 27, 2007

Can we have dessert tonight?

When the 'old man' asked for dessert to be served after dinner one afternoon, I decided to prepare a recipe I've been drooling over from the May issue of Delicious Magazine.

The recipe was a Ricotta and Orange Tart. What really interested me was the use of an Orange flavored pastry. Yum! I've blogged about flavored pastry before. I even teach hands-on classes on Pastry dough. I just love my dough, as you know!

Although you really can't see, there is orange zest and some orange juice in this lovely dough.

.
The dough handled very nicely under the rolling pin. And to my delight, not much shrinkage

This doesn't look like the photo in the magazine......but it did make the 'old man' smile!

Such a light and lovely result. Not heavy after the meal. I will make this one again!

4 comments:

Betty Carlson said...

This is the second blog I have seen about this recipe, so it must have been goo!

Betty Carlson said...

PS: Your link is to crispy chicken legs. Just thought you would like to know!

Banlieue Blog said...

Hi Betty, thanks for that info, to be honest, I can't find the recipe on-line anymore. I wonder if they just update to next months recipe.
Mystery!
Did you get the recipe?

AnnB. said...

A lot of the Delicious recipes are on this website: Taste.com.au
I found Valli Little's recipe for the ricotto and orange tart using their search box. (when I tried the link form the blog, it was for a Morrocan dip..)