Wednesday, September 20, 2006

As Good as it Looks!


I'm closing in on my Grilling/Smoking class! Trying to nail the recipes so they are perfect for the ladies! Funny though, the ladies don't mind when I botch things up, they like a good botch-up, makes them feel good. But really, I don't try to plan on a flop. In fact, the only flopping I like to do is after class.....flopping down on the couch with a cup of tea!


This Miso Marinated Plank'd Salmon was delicious! Rich, deep flavors.......the salmon was juicy. No flames, in fact this was the second 'go-round' on the plank. The instructions say you can reuse them, and low and behold I was able to with no problems.

I will probably share a comment with the ladies that Dr. Biggles wrote last year when I blogged about plank'd food.......he said it reminded him of his grandma's cedar closet!!!
I think the ladies will like that comment!



I love it when things fall together and I can look forward to a good class! I even heard that the weather looks good for next week!! There is a chance we can eat out in the garden!

Keep your fingers crossed! I know Max will be on his best behavior to meet all of the ladies! How can they resist!


7 comments:

Guy said...

AHAHHAH, yeah.

Ya know, I enjoy when things screw up. It tests my mettle and sometimes even impress myself with the outcome. I suppose it makes it exciting and gives me a thrill. Plus you learn a lot from it, an junk.
Cookiecrumb from I'm mad and I eat is due to arrive for a meat fest this coming Saturday. If you're flying in from France, you're welcome too.

xo

Anonymous said...

Delicious grills! Frankly, I wouldn't mind if you mess once in a while as long as you can still serve me something like this. Just kidding. Hope all of you have the blast, especially the ladies. haha!

Anonymous said...

Oh Melissa I wish I could be there - Max looks so sweet as always!

PS
Let me know your address when you have a chance ;)

Anonymous said...

That looks like a perfectly grilled hunk of salmon!

Banlieue Blog said...

Biggles, I read about your 'fest' and it sounded great! btw, I bet Tiny E could teach you how to podcast!

Shawn, Thanks for checking in, class was a success this past week! Although my fire did go out, the gas grill saved me!!!

Keiko, Wow, I'd be honored if you'd come to a class (and nervous). You could teach some pastry!

Duane, Thanks.....that hunk of salmon was tasty, but now I need a break from that recipe!

Mary, do you use a plank often, got a good recipe to share?

Betty Carlson said...

This looks so good and so, well, un-French. Reminds me of BBQ time in the Pacific Northwest...

Banlieue Blog said...

Betty, I had a gal in my class this week from your part of the country and she was talking ALL about the salmon and BBQ'ing....
Hope your summer was a nice one!