Monday, December 11, 2006

Thai Style Moules


On a cold blustery evening this steaming pot of mussels hit the spot! I must tell you that the 'old man' was doubting this dinner. He just was unsure about coconut milk and the Thai Curry Paste. After he finished his first bowl and went for seconds then on to thirds, I knew I had a hit on my hands.

A simple combo of shallots, grated ginger and minced garlic started out just right. The aroma of the aromatics filled the kitchen and the 'doubting Thomas' was making appreciative noises from in front of the fire place. Although he still wasn't convinced.

Then the Thai Red Curry Paste was added as well as some chopped cilantro. Finally the Coconut Milk rounded out the pot and the moules were dumped in.

A crusty baguette was on hand to sop of the broth. And guess what the 'old man' said......"I'm not sure I can go back to our old style of cooking mussels"! That made me smile!

No comments: