Monday, May 30, 2005

Wine Class -- Summer Wines


Today I cooked for the Summer Edition of our Wine and Food Pairing series.
The great thing is, I cook one dish for the class (enough for a tasting for each person) and then get to participate (taste!) for free. The wine expert is my neighbor, who I have mentioned before.
I prepared my Ratatouille Tart with Tapenade Crust. This tart is a always a big hit. I'll post the recipe later. The Tapenade crust isn't visually appealing, but is delicious. It is a very easy dough to work with, due to the olive oil in the Tapenade. A real silky feel when rolling out!
What you are looking at is the tart fresh from the oven, with Buffalo Mozzarella Cheese that will start to melt and ooze gently, topped with some basil.

We had quite a selection of wines today. Plus, to spice matters up, and since this is the last wine class of our season, our hostess had a Blind Tasting for us! I did pretty good at my guessing.
My favorite today was a Chateau de Roquefort Corail 2003. She also served a Domaine du Vissoux Les Garants 2003 that I fell in love with.
Young, fresh wines!

To top it all off we had a tasting of Goat and Sheep cheeses. Both in season at the moment. The cheese platter was dressed with some fresh cherries and fresh almonds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa - I would love a copy of your recipes. Would you be so kind as to email a copy to matt.lemsing@gmail.com?

I'm keen to try them out soon.

cheers,
matt